Discord Widget of the Shulk Discord was added.
A few new cards were added, including Kome.
Minor edits and cleanups.
Matchups (Only the following characters below have been fully completed.)
Minor edits and cleanups.
Moves (Aerial, Grabs & Throws, Ground, Miscellaneous, and Special Moves)
Detailed information of each move, plus gifs.
However, Usmash and Dsmash are not completed due to a glitch of having not enough space on that page.
There was a plan to insert notes in the Monado Arts' section, but a strange glitch prevented it.
Today, we released a new Shulk advanced technique along with a guide for it! The technique allows Shulk to be completely intangible throughout all of Vision - while the counterattack can still be triggered. Has many uses across different types of playstyles! Check out the tutorial page to learn more!
Today, the Shulk Discord is pleased to announce the brand new Shulk Discord (←/) Sponsorship Program!
After lots of planning, the Shulk Discord is finally ready to start sending out its top players to tournaments all over the globe. To do so, we have created a donation drive with plenty of rewards and milestones for anyone who donates.
Our first official goal is to send Nicko to Frame Perfect Series 2 by raising $250. If you would like to donate to help achieve our goal, click here.
If helping send a top Shulk player like Nicko isn't enough to motivate you, then we have some things that will.
Donation Rewards Shop
For every certain amount of money you donate, you'll also get to choose a reward. The costs of the rewards range from $2 to $80, and vary from custom Migaga commands on the Shulk Discord to songs sung by SparkNomad. You can purchase as many as you'd like (unless there is a specified limit). For more info on the rewards, visit this page.
Along the way, we have a variety of different rewards for everyone, for each milestone goal reached.
- $50 - AMA with a mystery Monadorator
- $100 - Discord CAH night, featuring the Shulk Discord and Xenoblade (spoiler free) custom packs!
- $150 - The Monadorators get together to dub over a scene from Xenoblade Chronicles!
- $200 - The Monadorator(s) of your choice will stream a game suggested and voted on by the Discord (some ideas include Mario Party, or a sfw Dating Sim)
- $250 - Nicko goes to Frame Perfect Series 2!
As this is only the beginning and first project of the Shulk Discord Sponsorship Program, it has room for improvement and we are open for reward and milestone suggestions for our future projects. If you have any ideas or questions, contact us on Discord or leave a comment below!
Welcome to Shulk 101!
Here at Shulk 101, we have created a replacement for all our Google Docs & Google Sheets, storing all their data— and more; all in one convenient website.
All the data has been divided into the following three categories:
In the matchups category, you will be able to find all the matchup information you need for fighting your opponent; whichever character they may be.
The information is divided into several categories.
- General Info: contains information on what to do in the neutral, when you have the advantage, when you have the disadvantage, and miscellaneous other notes on how to play the matchup.
- How to DI: currently contains information on how to properly DI your opponent's throws, to help you avoid being KO'd earlier.
- Stages: contains information on the best and worst stages to fight your opponent on. Best stages are the stages that are best for your opponent (aka worse for you) and worst stages are the stages that your opponent struggles most on (aka better for you, as Shulk does not really have any bad stages).
- Combos: contains information on Shulk's Buster D-Throw, U-Tilt, and Purge 50/50 combos, along with his U-Throw -> Airslash combo.
- Videos: contains VODs of Shulk mains fighting your opponent's character, so you can get a better idea of how the matchup is played; and potentially some video tutorials on how to play the matchup as well.
Note: most of the matchup pages don't have any information on them yet other than stages and how to DI, due to them still being a work in progress.
In the tutorials category, you will find tutorials on how to do all of Shulk's advanced techs.
Currently, you will find the following tutorials listed there:
- Shulk 101: this itself isn't a tech, but a guide on how to play Shulk in general. At the moment, it only has a few general tips and information on DACIT; but it does have some useful videos on getting started with Shulk, and a few other basic things.
- Monado Purge: otherwise known as Shulk's 50/50, is a vital tech for Shulk, as it is an amazing tool for KOing your opponent at both early and late percentages. You'll find all the information on how to do it here in both a written format and video.
- MALLC: another Shulk tech vital to Shulk's gameplay, MALLC cancels the ending lag on all of Shulk's aerials if done correctly. You will find all the information you need on how to perform it here in both a written format and video.
- MONADACUS: also known as SABJCDUS, this tech isn't that important to Shulk's gameplay as others, but can still be useful if done correctly. You will find all the information you need on how to perform it here in both a written format and video.
- MABD: another vital tech to Shulk's gameplay, is MABD. It is required for both MONADACUS and several progressions of Monado Purge. You will find all the information you need on how to perform it here in both a written format and video.
- MALS: this tech is somewhat harder to do than most, and not nearly as important as others, but if mastered it can still be a useful tool. You will find all the information you need on how to perform it here in both a written format and video.
- MARC/MADC: this Shulk tech is rather basic and easy to do, but can have some useful applications. You will find all the information you need on how to perform it here in both a written format and video.
- Footstools: this is not a Shulk tech, as much as a tutorial on how to perform footstools and footstool combos with Shulk. You will find all the information you need on how to perform them here in both a written format and video.
- Wavebounces and B-reverses: although all other characters can do this as well, this tech is better and harder to do as Shulk— but has some useful applications if mastered. You will find all the information you need on how to perform them here in both a written format and video.
- Vision Sliding: this tech is next to impossible to perform without learning the proper techniques. Luckily, we have them all here. You will find all the information you need on how to perform them here in both a written format and video.
In the resources category, you'll find information on Shulk's combos, frame data, and a glossary listing all of Shulk's acronyms along with their definitions.
- Glossary: on the Glossary page, you'll find acronyms and their definitions— ranging from techs like MALLC (Monado Art Landing Lag Cancelling) to song titles such as YWKON (You Will Know Our Names)
- Moves: contains all the frame data and information on all of Shulk's moves.
- Combos: although they are also listed on each individual matchup page, the combo page lists all Shulk's combos ranging from his Monado Purge 50/50 to his U-Throw -> Airslash combo, and the wide range of percents they work at.
- Documents: although it does not contain any data right now, it is used by the staff for research purposes.
Erico and Paradigm, who were involved in this project since the beginning and have helped with everything from writing tutorials to adding all the information to this website.
GetShulked and Mace who provided all the information on Shulk's combos and more detailed work on all of the website's data.
All the Monadorators and Monadmins who were also involved in helping out with this project.
The Shulk Discord and all its members for helping discover Shulk's techs, labbing it, and helping provide matchup information.